Damage dealer: Master of the dark arts who can survive death itself.
Base status Edit
|Critical chance||5%||Stun resist||5%|
- Energy Drain: Deal shadow damage to all enemies and heals self.
- Poison Dagger: Deal poison damage 5 times to a single target.
- Ray of Enfeeblement: Reduce target attack and defense and decrease damage dealt by a single target.
- Vampiric Touch: Deal shadow damage to a single target and heals self.
- Inflict Wounds: Deal ranged shadow damage to a single target.
- Fear: All enemies have attack reduced briefly.
- Magic Jar: When slain, Necromancer auto-revives with a % of his maximum health. (once per combat)
- Protective Wards: Increase armor and stun resist.
- Shadow Master: Increased shadow damage.
Energy Drain is best used with groups of enemies and when the necro runs low on health. The on command soul skill can fully heal him when used in this manner and greatly enhances his survivability alongside magic jar. Ray of Enfeeblement is good for weakening a single target, such as the Wizard or a Blackguard. Fear is helpful for AoE debuff, although it's a slightly weaker version of Samurai's Demon Shout with higher initiative, it works well at higher levels and should be paired with Ray of Enfeeblement later on. Inflict Wounds can be used on a more damage dealing necro, and it benefits from the Shadow Master passive, but going with all 3 attacking skills is not recommended. Vampiric Touch, which also benefits from the Shadow Master passive, allows the necro to heal a decent amount of damage. Poisoned Dagger can work if you get him early, but once he gets a higher star rating the other two attacking skills outclass this.
Magic Jar is a must have for any good necro build. It serves as insurance in case you get unlucky and take lots of damage from an attack, because the overkill damage doesn't transfer over to the magic jar. If the necro is used for a tank build as opposed to his actual purpose as a damage dealer, you can put on Protective Wards. Otherwise use Shadow Master.
- Damage added from a weapon to Poisoned Dagger will not be affected by attack, defense, resists, or any other damage modifying ability.