Tank: A virtuous servant of good who can heal and buff allies.
Base stats Edit
|Critical chance||%||Stun resist||%|
- Bless: Grants bonus health and increases attack and defense briefly
- Rebuke: Deals physical damage and lowers target attack briefly to a single target.
- Block: Gain bonus health and increases armor briefly.
- Holy Smite: Rebuke: Deals ranged light damage to a single target.
- Holy Shield: Increase party's defense briefly.
- Avenge: Next time Paladin takes damage, returns a % of that damage to attacker.
- Righteousness: Increased Holy Shield and Holy Smite effect.
- Conviction: Increases magic and stun resists.
- Devoutness: Increases Bless effect.
Paladin has a number of abilities to keep himself and his party alive.
His Holy Shield skill is one of the best, with the capability of giving everyone a considerable defense boost on par with that of Warmaster's Shield Tactics. Since both of these skills are percentage-based, they will buff each other and result in even higher defense stacking; for this reason it's not a bad idea to use both Paladin and Warmaster in the same team. Paladin's soul skill, Bless, is also adequately useful for keeping allies alive by giving them bonus health and defense. Avenge is another common skill for Paladin, as it will deal damage to any heroes that attack him (AoE attackers, if backline, and melee attackers, if frontline). The reflected damage seems to ignore all defense and resistances of the enemies, and instead depends on Paladin's health and the attacker's damage dealt. His other skill can be Block, for additional protection if he's in the frontline, or Rebuke, to weaken enemies. Avoid Holy Smite, as it doesn't have any special properties.
Paladin can use any of his passives to good effect, but the most common are Conviction, to increase magic resistance, and Righteousness, to increase the potency of Holy Shield (the Holy Smite boost isn't as important). Devoutness can be used if the hero composition benefits from spamming Bless, but it's not as popular.
Defensively oriented weapons such as Moon Mace is a good choice for keeping Paladin alive in the front line, as well as armor such as Shell of Protection and Strength of Legend. In some cases it's also a viable choice to bring an offensive weapon such as Ambusher's Hacker to increase the damage of Avenge. Come level 55, King's Hammer is a clear choice for Paladin due to its cooldown reduction, and The Fortress is an option if he needs additional defense and protection from crits.
- Paladin can be unlocked from the Treasure Raid 3 quest for beating 10 enemy towers.